Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Service Story Update -- Camera Replacement
From: John Hoang <>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:18:44 -0700

Hi John,

My M6TTL also fires the flash (SF 20) every ten times or so when the film is
wound. I wonder if yours is the same or it fires every single time. Mine is
about 4 month old. Should I send mine to Leica to have them check? (sigh)

John Hoang

John Coan wrote:

> Some of you may remember that I had to send a five week old M6TTL in to
> Leica because the flash circuit fired the flash when the film was
> wound.  I got an email yesterday from Brenda Olesin that they were
> replacing my camera.  When I called today to find out when, they said it
> had been shipped yesterday.  I think this is reasonable.
> I also sent an SF 20 in with it -- the problem on that one is that once
> it is mounted on the camera shoe, it takes mucho force to get it to
> slide back out.  I was afraid the flash foot would break off after a few
> cycles of this.  I don't know if they are replacing the flash as well,
> or just what.  We'll see.
> When Leica sends a replacement camera, is it a new unit or one that has
> been refurbished?  Anything to watch out for?
> I asked about the Passport card not matching the new serial number and
> they said not to worry about it; that the new sn had been updated in
> their database.
> John

Replies: Reply from John Coan <> (Re: [Leica] M6 Service Story Update -- Camera Replacement)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <> (Re: [Leica] Buying from New York Camera)
Message from John Coan <> ([Leica] M6 Service Story Update -- Camera Replacement)