Subject: [Leica] Buying from New York Camera
From: Chris Lee <chrislee@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:27:37 -0700

Hi all,

I've almost decided to go ahead and buy a Pradovit P300 and Super Colorplan
lens. I may be getting the stuff via a local shop, who said he could
probably get me a demo from Leica. One other possible approach is to buy
from New York Camera (in Germany; the P300 has been discontinued for the
North American market).

Has anyone in the US or Canada dealt with NY Camera, or has purchased from a
German retailer? I've checked the tariff database for Canada and US on
German slide projector imports. They are 6 and 7% respectively, which are
not bad at all.

Aside from the products themselves, the shipping, and the tariff, and
perhaps a sales tax, should I expect any other charges?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Chris

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Buying from New York Camera)