Subject: Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 23:08:52 -0700

Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> Ted,
>
> I don't doubt your story at all but I am surprised the local media would turn
> out for something that was essentially an individual problem with no
> significance to the populace at large. I'm also surprised Leica gave a hoot.
> If it was me they  would have said, "if you want to smash your camera go
> ahead but be advised that act would void the warranty for sure . . . "<<<<<<<<<

But Bob,
you haven't considered a few things...

The  warranty meant diddly squat or they should've exchanged the camera.

In Canada I'm a well known photojournalist with many friends in both TV
and the wire service.

Leica were "very concerned" about their national and international image

But it was me, and not you, and that made a difference!  :-)

ted  :-)