Subject: Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:44:07 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/00 7:25:15 PM, tedgrant@home.com writes:

<< It was indicated by Leica Canada, think Wetzlar at the time,  that they
would look at it again. I offered that I'd be in Toronto the next week
for the exchange camera and at that time if they did not give me a new
one,  the TV and news guys would be there at noon for the smashing.

And that's exactly what happened, I wanted a replacement. they wanted to
play fix it games, that was until the news crews turned up and I stood
there ready to do the deed!  "Oh Ted come in, don't be so foolish, we
have a new camera for you! " :-) >>

Ted,

I don't doubt your story at all but I am surprised the local media would turn
out for something that was essentially an individual problem with no
significance to the populace at large. I'm also surprised Leica gave a hoot.
If it was me they  would have said, "if you want to smash your camera go
ahead but be advised that act would void the warranty for sure . . . "

Bob (would have to be smashed to smash a Leica) McEowen

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3)