Subject: Re: [Leica] Quit picking on the R3
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 02:00:55 GMT

Vick,
Be wary of any shop telling you it is not worth fixing.  First of all, it
could mean they are not sure they CAN fix it.  Second, you should ask them
what it would cost.  Compare that quote to what Leica will charge (probably
about 325.00 for a complete rebuild).  Ask yourself if you can get a
perfectly good Leica SLR with new internal works for 325.00 on the open
market...You may find it worth fixing if you intend to use it.  At these
price ranges you shouldn't worry about the resale of the item, just fix and
use and enjoy.

Best wishes
Dan States