Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIa and Summar 50 f2 vs Leica IIIc and Elmar 50 f3.5
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 20:40:46 -0400

I used a Summar for many years for those purposes.  It seemed that the flare
got worse as the aftermarket coating got worn.  I never liked the look of it
wide open.  Stopped down it did pretty good, but the flare is excessive
sometimes.

I recently purchased a Summitar and it has made my IIIf fun to use again.  A
very sharp lens stopped down a little.  I have used the Elmar also.  A very
nice lens.

Mike Durling
KD4KWB
http://www.widomaker.com/~durling/