Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides - use for portrait work?
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 12:33:49 -0500

>As for portraits - my printer now offers a service to digitise slide images
>and print on his Epson.  Are there particular technical requirements when
>using slides for individual, and family group portrait work?  Is a
>film like the 100-1000 Fuji better for this work, or
>just stay with Velvia or Sensia as all-round slide film.
>
>Regards and many thanks - Hugh Thompson

IMHO I would not use Velvia for portraits of Caucasians....tends to
tun some people very red-this has been my experience with Fuji slide
films in general but I have not shot too much of the MS 100-1000, do
not really like it.  IME if shot at anything other than 100 it gains
a lot of contrast and slide films are contrasty enough as is.  Fuji
films work very well for people with dark skin, like orientals and
African Americans.

I use more of the Kodak E100 film line.  I Like the E100 SW and VS
the most.  The S is also nice and seems to be pretty neutral.  I just
like the warm look of the SW and saturated look of the VS. For color
neg the new Kodak Portra line is quite nice.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net