Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 and 50 'cron = great slides
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 03:24:25 -0400

Hugh Thompson jotted down the following:

> I can see however, how people can easily get frustrated with a fully manual
> camera, there are so many things to do, so much that can go wrong!

Nonsense!!  Only three things can go wrong: You set the wrong shutter speed;
you set the wrong aperture; or you set the wrong focus.

Compare that to one of the new plastic-fantastic, automagic-everything
cameras: wrong metering mode, wrong exposure mode, wrong exposure
compensation, wrong focussing mode, wrong AF range, wrong AF patch selected,
wrong film advance speed, etc., etc., etc.

> Am I correct, with slides the meter should be set to give a half stop under
> exposure, is this so?

Only if you like that super-saturated underexposed cliche: Kodachrome 64
underexposed 1/2 stop is so... 80s!

;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Trying to determine human performance by
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | experiments is nothing but the ritual of
email: howard.390@osu.edu     | The Ballet for the Gods of Invariance.