Subject: [Leica] HCB Interview on PBS
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:16:32 -0700

This is mostly as a matter of record, but LUG members in the States should
watch for it in re-runs: Thursday night, Henri Cartier-Bresson was the
subject of an hour-long interview by Charlie Rose on his PBS show. I tuned
across it by accident about halfway through it, and Cartier-Bresson was very
entertaining, denying he was a photographer ("I'm just someone who happens
to carry a camera, and every now or then I shoot it") and revealing that he
didn't take one of his famous shots of the crowd at Ghandi's funeral ("I was
halfway up a pole, and handed my camera to someone higher up the pole and
had him shoot it!").

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.