Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 viewfinder coverage
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:31:20 -0500

Craig,
To add to what Dick said, if you don't wear glasses it should be very close.
I checked it with an RF-Summicron before I bought a new 35.

Get a piece of electrician's tape  about an inch and a half long.   If you
have an MR meter, remove it.   Put the tape over the top of the camera so
that (if you push the end of it down) it will extend far enough to cover up
the window for the frames (center).   Replace the meter.

Now when you are using the 35, push the tape down over the window.   When
not, lift the tape up so that it extends straight out.   With the window
covered up, all frames are blanked out and the outer edges of the viewfinder
are about as close as you need to be for the 35.   It's a lot cheaper than
buying another chrome M5:-)

Bud