Subject: Re: [Leica] Aperture Priority M6+Leica Medium Format
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:00:10 -0700

Many of the early aperture priority SLRs had cloth shutters -- The OM 2 and
the Pentax ES, to name two.  As for noise, I think the sound of the R8's
shutter without the mirror is at least as quiet as the M.  Just try setting
an M to 1 sec. and R8 to one second with mirror up, and compare.  There is a
difference to the sound, but I'd be hard out to say one was quieter than the
other.

Now as long as we are dreaming, if Rollei put a rangefinder and an M mount
on the QZ35, as Konica did to the Hexar, we'd really be in business!

Tom