Subject: Re: [Leica] Aperture Priority M6+Leica Medium Format
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 6 Jul 2000 07:07:59 -0700

On Thu, 06 July 2000, Chris Lee wrote:

> What an interesting article that Rob has pointed to us!
>
> Now, is it possible to build an aperture priority M6 with a cloth shutter?
> (Probably not.) I wouldn't mind an AE M6, but I much prefer the silent
> operation of a cloth shutter.

There's nothing in the timing mechanism that pre-determines the shutter curtain material.  Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't the Pentax Electro-spotmatic of 1970 or so have a cloth shutter with electronic timing?

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!