Subject: [Leica] Re: jim kuhl - about dealers
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 07:19:39 -0700

Over the years I have purchased numerous pieces of used equipment from Jim
Kuehl. Each and every time the business transaction was a joy. The very
first time I called Jim, perhaps 15 years ago, I wanted a used lens that
was selling for $2000. He sent me the lens and said "if you like the lens,
send me a check, otherwise send back the lens." I asked him how he could do
that without occasionally getting ripped off and he replied that in the
many many years that he has been selling Leica equipment, he has never been
stiffed, and will continue to trust the Leica establishment.

Anyway, Jim got into big trouble for illegally copying Leica USA passport
stickers and applying them to gray market equipment. I believe it was
written up in PDN a few years ago. I guess he barely missed going to jail.

But the bottom line for me is that for buying "used" equipment, he has been
great. I never "trade-in" equipment so I don't know his practices there. I
would trust Tom Schofield's opinion on this matter.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: jim kuhl - about dealers)