Subject: [Leica] Re: Experience on LUG
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 17:12:33 -0700

At 07:35 PM 7/6/00 -0400, Marthe & Rene wrote:
>I though that the age poll was very interesting. For one thing it showed the
>breath of experience available on the LUG. Some of the lurkers ought to
>speak out more often. It would be a refreshing change.  One can only take so
>much of the joker who fells that he has to make an inane joke w.r.t. every
>post or the grumpy old guy who always has his shorts in a knot. Thank God
>for filters.  Seems like we are missing out on comments by several of the
>lurkers who are vastly more experienced.
>
>Rene

Funny thing is, the "joker" (your word, not mine) is one of the best and
most dedicated photographers on the LUG and when the chips are down, can,
and does, give detailed information unobtainable anywhere else. To know him
is to love him. Filtering, in this case, is a giant mistake.

In amongst the prose, which for some unknown reason some folks cannot
mentally sort out, are jewels of wisdom which are seldom found in such a
spontaneous environment.

Now about the grumpy "old" guy. There are only a few of "us" and we're all
grumpy, so you need to be more specific.

:-)

Jim

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Experience on LUG)
Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: Re: Experience on LUG)