Subject: [Leica] AGE & numbers! ;-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 20:02:24 -0700

> Francis Barista Sembiring wrote:
> >
> > OK, how about the other way, a prize for the youngest guy?
> > At 27, seems to me I am the youngest one here. So far so good.

 Mark Rabiner responded:
> You went into a cold sweat thinking you'd turn 30 without a Leica!?
> I found 30 much more difficult that 40 and now 50.
> Those round number will sometimes get you!<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I was never bothered/concerned about round age numbers as some folks
are. Until I turned 65 and people were asking when I was going to retire
now that "I was old!"  :-(  Then the number thing crept in and to blow
off the "getting old blues" I did my first and only solo parachute jump
to prove it was only an age number and had nothing to do with being old!

Surprised the hell out of a lot of folks, mainly herself who must be
obeyed!  Who only found out I was going to jump out of the plane after I
was in the air and she was standing there waiting for the plane to land!
 To say the least she was not amused! That's putting it mildly. :-)

When I landed she offered,  that if I should ever do it again, I could
be assured, even if I landed safely, she would kill me! :-) Hey I
haven't tried it again, I've lived with this woman for 50 years! Do you
think I want to test anything she says!  ;-)

But when my big round "70"  came up I began to realize there was an end
to this long Leica path I've lead.  However, age is still a number
simply because attitude is far more important as to where the end of the
path is.  And guys and gals, despite there are days where the path feels
like it's about to end, I grab myself by the ass of the pants get a
Leica and throw us out the door as there isn't any better medicine than
out with your trusty Leica companion looking for new pictures.   Beats
the hell out of all the pills .

So the end of my path as far as I'm concerned at 71, is a hell of a long
way down the road yet! :-)  As was listed, Robert Appleby at 94,  good
on you old buddy! :-)  Hang on a little until I catch up and we can
stroll the avenues of Rome picking up "cool chicks!  "  OOPS! I mean "
cool pics!" ;-)

ted

Message from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Subject: Increasing sales of R8s and R lenses.)
Message from Francis Barista Sembiring <semb0001@tc.umn.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: Subject: Increasing sales of R8s and R lenses.)