Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw mount in the modern world
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 16:55:36 -0500

>time will tell, but remember Leica started out as being an off brand camera,
>with an off brand film format.   I know several long time M shooters with
>complete M6 outfits, with modern ASPH lenses.  They are afraid to take them on
>location and have 15 grand stolen in a single camera bag.  Both are
>buying Bessa
>R outfits to use on location.
>
>The best camera is always the one in your hands taking pictures.  It is never
>the one at home in the camera bag.
>
>Stephen Gandy

WOW I wish the kind of cash laying around to buy a camera system that
I was not going to use!! ;)

Seriously, I can not imagine having a camera and not using it for
fear of getting stolen.  How hard is a Leica system to keep up with?
Put it in a bag and keep it on your shoulder, if you set the bag down
stand on the strap.  Geesh the Leica are TONS lighter than any SLR
system I have used.  And if, while on location, someone picked up my
lightware case filled with my Canon gear I'd be looking at $15,000 to
replace that stuff and it gets used a lot more than my M stuff.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net

Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] Screw mount in the modern world)