Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw mount in the modern world
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 13:18:44 -0700

Dan S wrote:

> If the vision problems are really a big issue than forget about getting ANY
> manual focus camera.  If the M-3 is not good enought the  Bessa will make
> your eyes fall out.

What are you talking about ?  Have you looked through a Bessa R ?  It's
framelines, viewfinder, and rangefinder are  BRIGHTER than every recently CLA'd
M3 I've compared it with.

> The fact that you have owned Leica's for so long says to me that you care
> about the quality of your equipment.  Going to a cheapo rangefinder from an
> off brand manufacturer will probably be a short term high, but not satifying
> over the long haul.

time will tell, but remember Leica started out as being an off brand camera,
with an off brand film format.   I know several long time M shooters with
complete M6 outfits, with modern ASPH lenses.  They are afraid to take them on
location and have 15 grand stolen in a single camera bag.  Both are buying Bessa
R outfits to use on location.

The best camera is always the one in your hands taking pictures.  It is never
the one at home in the camera bag.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net> (Re: [Leica] Screw mount in the modern world)