Subject: Re: [Leica] Re : Nachtwey's Capas, >> >Salgados, Evans, etc
From: CamraLuvr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:45:23 EDT

I understand what Owen Evans is saying in response to Michael's view, and
don't disagree, but I believe Michael's point is not that they took bad
pictures, but the fact is that type of photography has become so popular and
what is becoming exclusively considered art.  It's almost the only kind of
photo book you can find in the average bookstore and the newer artists seem
to be following suit.  The more "off the wall" in a morbid sense the better
chance it has of reaching the bookstore shelves.  If I see one more so called
"artsy" music video of some haggard and writhing person with black rings
around their eyes while on a set that looks like something from Dante's
Inferno, I'm going to scream.
John London (CamraLuvr)