Subject: Re: [Leica] Re : Nachtwey's Capas, >> >Salgados, Evans, etc
From: CamraLuvr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:19:21 EDT

I'll say again, It's not the photographer or his intentions that I have a
problem with. As a photographer myself, I have enjoyed these works immensely,
and consider some of them to be my personal favorites.  It's the publics
fascination with singling this sort of work out as art.  In other words, it's
not so much the content, but the quantity vs. the quantity of the
alternative(s).  How would you feel about it if the only thing that caught
the public's interest (therefore the only thing available at your local
bookstore) was photographs of babies with flower petals around their necks?
But that's not really a fair comparison.  At least that is not a focus by the
masses on the darker side of humanity.
John London CamraLuvr@aol.com