Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Cleaning Process
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:12:43 -0700

After paying literally thousands of dollars for optical "perfection", a good
lens cleaner and a micro-fiber cloth are cheap investments to protect lenses
and filters and maintain them for optimal performance.

Procedure for cleaning lenses/filters:

1. remove coarse debris with a camel hair (squirrel hair really) brush
2. Spray a good lens cleaner onto a clean cloth, not directly onto lens
3. Wipe lens *gently* with same moistened cloth
4. Finish by wiping dry with a section of clean cloth

What is a good lens cleaner? Take a look:

http://www.thegrid.net/joecodi/clearsight.html

Joe Codispoti