Subject: [Leica] Re: Film - freeze or cool?
From: Ken Wilcox <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 09:12:10 -0400

I freeze mine all the time. It suspends aging nearly indefinetly. Don't
know where the 12 hour figure comes from. I find that for single rolls a
half hour is fine, even for film in Leicas cassettes inside plastic cans.

Ken Wilcox

At 8:36 +0200 6/26/0, a fine scholar, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>I hope someone has the definitive answer to this....
>In my new house in Switzerland the fridge is quite small and I suspect
>that my wife prefers to keep food in it rather than my films. On the
>other hand, there is a huge freezer in the basement. I recall someone
>saying that freezing film is not good for some reason, which I forgot.
>What is the scoop? My impression is that freezing is OK as long as one
>allows the film 12 hours to come up to room temperature before opening
>the plastic canister.
>Nathan Wajsman
>Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland
>General photo page:
>Belgium photo page:

- ----
					  preferred---> <>

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <> (Re: [Leica] Re: Film - freeze or cool?)
Reply from Kip Babington <> (Re: [Leica] Re: Film - freeze or cool?)