Subject: Re: [Leica] Delta 100 barcode?!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:10:55 -0700

Brian-
I can tell you that the barcode on color film identifies the manufacturer
and film type- our color printers would read the barcode upon inserting a
strip of film into the negative carrier, and it automatically set the
printing channel for that particular film. Some of the C-41 chromogenic
films did as well, but I can't recall which ones right off hand.
It is possible that the regular B&W emulsions are being packaged with the
barcode on the edge for the same reason- whenever we printed a B&W film, we
had to manually enter the pre-set channel.
Dan