Subject: [Leica] 28 trade or sell/dilemmas
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:37:44 +0100

Thank you all for taking the trouble to reply/comment on my previous post.
Since I am in no hurry to get rid of the 28, and I don't need a second body
immediately, I will cogitate on the matter at my leisure. There have been
enough differeing opinions to give pause for thought.

I thought Mark Rabiners comments a little harsh - after the first post I
thought he was making a joke, but after the second post, I wasn't so
convinced. Part of the problem, my dilemma, is that I have  two "kits". The
first general, traveling kit used to be a 90 2.8, 50 2.0 and 28 2.8. The
second "low light kit" (I do some theatre work) is the 35 1.4 and 75 1.4.

However, some street shots with the 28 showed unpleasant distortion; hugely
long arms directed at the camera, for example. As a consequence I carry the
35 rather than the 28. There have been many times when I wanted wider than
35, and I've carried the 28 as well, when traveling. 35 is very close to
28, hence the thought about the 24.
Neil.