Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White Ink Jet Photos
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:24:18 +0100

I have also just (5 prints so far) moved to digital darkroom
(Sprintscan4000. Epson 1270), and am so far reasonably happy with the
results.

The move was forced upon me by oversubscription of the Gallery's darkroom;
I couldn't get to book a slot for the current week sometimes, and three
people working together in the same darkroom....

I'm only doing monochrome and was a bit dubious about B&W using coloured
inks. The sharpness is fine and there is no obvoius colour cast, though the
tone is different. I did a super A3 on heavy weight matte of a HP5 in Xtol
1:2 neg, and was impressed at the quality. I would like to correspond with
someone off-list, to get me headed in the right direction.

Neil.