Subject: Re: [Leica] 90/2.8
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:41:32 -0700

Rich

 >>Get a U style lock!!  They can't cut them.<<

Thanks for the tip. I actually have a U style lock, but I didn't have it
with me.

I spoke to a couple of cops on bikes in front of a Starbucks today. I even
photographed them with my 90/2.8, which was nice. They were riding nice
bikes. And I mean bicycles, not motorcycles.

They told me a ring of thieves may be working in the area. Many thefts over
the past few days in the area where I was. They said the thieves can even
defeat U locks. They use a pry bar and break them. There's a certain
technique, I'm told, and it only takes a second..

There's a new U lock out by Kryptonite called a "New York Lock". Bike Mag
did a test. It's the only one they couldn't break. Heavy though.

Now I'm paranoid about my Leicas. I usually keep all my photo stuff in a
huge gun safe when not on my person. I was getting sloppy, but no more.

Dave