Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:26:22 -0700

Scott

>>I'm going to resist looking at the link you included, DAve, so as not
to depress myself.....<<

It's safe to look. Differences between a 90/2.8 Elmarit and any of it's
predecessors will not show up in a digital image (especially not in a
fairly low res jpeg). The thing you want to avoid, though, is the original
chrome. :-).

Since digital is the media of choice now for most of my work, I question
how much difference the newer lens makes. But still, I know the difference
is there. It's a mental thing. And didn't Yogi Adams say, "Photography is
90 percent mental. The other half is optical." Perhaps it was his cousin,
Ansel Berra.

Dave.