Subject: [Leica] Joe and the Nocti
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:12:14 +1200

Hey Joseph,

I don't know whether the Nocti can justify its price (i've never even
seen one), but i think Alistair's photo here shows what it can do
with low light
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/images02/html2/page06.html

nice tones, subtle chiaroscuro, nice contrast etc.

Or did i get the wrong end of the stick? My caffeine intake hasn't
been what it should be today..

Take care,
Gary

At 12:25 PM -0700 12/6/2000, Joseph wrote:
>As an example I will name only one instance: Of all the sample photos shown
>by LUG members which were taken with a Noctilux, I cannot name a single one
>whose pictorial merit would justify the enormous expenses of such a lens.
- --
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?

                   -T.S. Eliot, The Rock, 1934

Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Student
Wellington