Subject: [Leica] Opinion of Leicaflex - SL-SL2
From: "Anderson, Ferrel E" <AndersonF@ria.army.mil>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:41:11 -0500

Just about everything has been said, but I will comment on the reliability of
the flexes.  The only problem I have had with the Leicaflex cameras is that they
occasionally suffer from bouncing curtain syndrome.  This is caused by a
malfunctioning shutter brake.  The results are obvious on film as an overexposed
edge (5-10% of the slide or negative).  I haven't experienced this problem with
the SL I own, which, as far as I know, is the same, but hopefully improved,
shutter.  This problem surfaces only after extended and heavy use, and with
periodic CLA, one should never experience it.

Ferrel Anderson