Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL2 advice?
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2000 19:03:40 -0700

On Tue, 06 June 2000, "Joe B." wrote:

> Here's 2 more SL2 questions. I gather that the meter needle can be
> illuminated in some way. Can anyone describe what this actually looks like
> in practice? Is the needle projecting out into the picture area at all, or
> is it all on the periphery? It looks like the SL2 might turn out to be be
> the ultimate low light Leica SLR for me. And-
>
> What happens when the black finish wears- is it brass underneath?
>
> Joe B.

The needle is in the picture area - but I don't have one so I don't know what the illumination looks like.  The black finish is black chrome so it wears to zinc.

IMHO th SL2 with its bright viewfinder and sensetive meter is an outstanding low-light SLR.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!