Subject: Re: [Leica] MF lenses and bokeh
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:22:06 -0400 (EDT)

>Here is what I use in MF because it is similar in format and handling to
>a Leica---an old Fuji G-690 BL, with interchangable lenses.

How is the bokeh on those Fuji lenses?  More generally:  which MF lenses
have LUGgers discovered with good bokeh?

I use the Fuji GA645Wi, and out-of-focus zones are rarely an issue
(although from what little I've seen of it, bokeh seems okay).

I lust after a Mamiya 6 or 7 -- the 7II in particular has a stellar
rangefinder -- but I'm wondering if the lenses wouldn't
disappoint me in that department.

I'm also considering a Speed Graphic or the like, with an old Kodak
Ektar; these were famously sharp, but again I have no idea how they render
blur.

Douglas Cooper

Replies: Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] MF lenses and bokeh)