Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA Camera Serial Numbers -- oh no Mr. Bill ....
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 10:08:41 -0700

Geez Bill,

that is a scary story  -- that Leica's technicians are so inept that Leica has
difficulty getting something simple like an accessory shoe properly engraved and
/ or fitted with a working flash circuit.   No wonder they no longer put the
serial numbers on the top plate !!   It's also scary that management would allow
such a half assed approached to production serial numbers.

This  begs the question how many cameras new Leica buyers are really paying for?
- --- the one in the box plus how many rejected and dumped due to poorly trained
and managed technicians ??

I can't help but hope whoever told you this was mistaken.  It's a sorry state of
affairs for Leica precision if it's true.

Stephen Gandy