Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux and natural light
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:09:32 -0700

Donal Philby responded::

> Harrison Mcclary wrote:
> >
> > Well.....sometimes one HAS to use flash.  About 2 years ago I was hired...  I used every strobe I own and was wishing I had more.....available light ain't always the way to go.
>
> Well, Harrison, I appreciate your courage.  At least there will be two
> of us tied back to back at the stake as we burn for heresy.<<<<<<

Donal mon ami,

We all know you're kidding us, would we of the silent camera and
available light be so mean?
Now com'on you two guys,. You're a couple of the finest scene lighting
shooters I know.  And theres no need to fear LUG mother nor the old fart
burning you at the monopod for using fffl-f...   ...sh!     See I almost
said flash! ;-)

You know what we're talking about and the assignments or photo projects
are different.  We'd  use lights where, obviously there is money
involved and the client doesn't understand the beauty of "natural light"
;-)

Or where the natural light, no matter how neat it looks, wont produce
the kind of end product photography required for what we were hired for.
 We'd use flash or hot lights like you guys, only you know how to set
them better.  The nice thing is, the four of us understand the merits of
a Leica and it's quiet click and great glass, that where we know it can
be used effectively ... we use it!  And where it wont , we don't!

So now do you feel better mon ami Donal ? ;-)  Oh yes and one other
thing, a small one but necessary. How do you like to be done?  Rare,
medium or well?   :-)

> (who saw the light of hell and was seduced by the devil)<<<<<<<<<

Oh man what did she look like? ;-)  "Flashing eyes and rare all over?"

ted

Message from Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux and natural light)