Subject: Re: [Leica] Advertures with the R8
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 06:40:18 -0700

> "Richard W. Hemingway" wrote, in part:
>
> > Why did I sell the M go back to R again.  I focus better with the M and
> > exposure is better with the R.  However, after looking at a lot of my
> > pictures I came to the conclusion I just take better pictures with the R..
> > I seem to see better with the R than with the M - strange.<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Richard,
Actually it has much to do with the fact you see your picture on the
screen isolated without lens lines or the all seeing viewfinder of the M6.

I shoot my best colour with an  R, accept when I'm working the Noctilux
by non existing light. ;-)  And that's simply because I can isolate the
image in the R8 viewfinder and see how it will look when it's a slide.

I'm sure there are many photographers who experience this, simply
because you do see the subject in isolation of the surroundings.
ted.

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Advertures with the R8)