Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Soft Release/Delta 3200
From: rnkramer@mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:37:54 -0400

Perhaps it was a processing thing.  I used Xtol 1:1 at 70 degrees F but I
don't recall the time I used.  It was whatever Mark Rabiner was recommending
at the time, several months ago.  What developer do you use to process Delta
3200?

I have just been totally blown away by the results with Tri-X souped in
Xtol.  I love the depth of shadow detail and the incredibly rich, smooth
tones, and am a little reluctant to start messing with a film that is too
much different than the traditional grain films.  Like I said, both the
Ilford and Fuji high speed films disappointed me with the size of the grain
and the resulting image quality.  But if you know of a developer that
reduces the grain but still gives a rich tonal quality, I am all ears!

Bob Kramer
Atlanta, GA