Subject: Re: [Leica] Members neighboorhoods
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 00:36:53 -0400

I can't tell you how many "big arrows" I've shot in their various
guises.  I've always thought that this was one of the dirty little secrets
that no serious photographer ever reveals, so I furtively print and gloat
over fire hydrants, gazing balls, lawn jockies, and the facades of 7-11's.

I went to college for a year in one of the more remote reaches of New
Mexico, where nary a road-sign had escaped assassination: by shotgun, hand
gun, or long arm (and I guiltily admit to having squeezed off a round or
two at an innocent "Stock On Road."

I wonder whether the road-sign is a peculiarly American obsession.

Chandos

At 08:39 PM 5/24/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>.  I
>got a good shot of two signs (big arrows) at a turn-around (where the streets
>don't go straight through, and traffic must divert).  I

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown