Subject: [Leica] Re: M4-P with M4-2 serial number
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 23:30:25 -0400 (EDT)

Noel has come up with an interesting fact.  Only the very early M4-2's had
a red disc where the self-timer should be, whereas all the M4-P's had
it.  Mine does have the disc, so I feel reasonably certain I have an
M4-P.  (The only reason I care is 1) resale value and 2) reliability
problems associated with the M4-2.)

I had a great time shooting with this today.  Now all I need is an actual
Leitz lens to mount on the beast.  (Although it balances nicely with the
Canon 50/1.4.)

Doug