Subject: Re: [Leica] pinholes
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 08:23:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/00 5:03:07 AM, deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk writes:

<< The photoforum list is currently discussing pinholes. Of course you can use
your leica as a pinhole if you drill a hole in the body cap.

Question (1): how big should the hole be and what will the angle of view be?
Question (2): are leica holes really better than N**** holes?

Did you see the recent Smithsonian magazine article about pinhole
photography? What blew me away was the guy who turns a hotel room/office etc.
into a camera obscura and then sets a regular camera in the room to make a
time exposure of the image. Imagine cityscapes covering an entire wall and
ceiling with the image on top of tables and chairs, etc. It made me want to
get some black cardboard (to mask the windows) and rent a hotel room . . .
but I just took a cold shower and then I felt a lot better (sorry, I had to
save the wise acres the trouble . . . )

Bob (I'd like a room with a view please) McEowen