Subject: RE: [Leica] Slim-Fast for R8's?
From: ls@influxpoint.com
Date: 21 May 2000 22:34:41 -0700

Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> wrote:

<<Is there an easy way to shave maybe 250 grams from <<the weight of an R8?
<<I'm wondering if there's any actual ballast in there <<whose only purpose
<<is to give the camera a pleasing heft. Considering <<that it's a current
<<model and prices are relatively low right now, it <<looks like one of the
<<more interesting Leica buys at the moment.
- - --
 It's a rock!  The R8 _is_ a pleasing theft, I mean heft. Accuracy is dead-on - Sits about flat on the palm, even distr. of weight, esp. 100apo! It's worth the weight. Satisfying, for the most part.

But the 'clang'!  My first R8 was, like many others, returned and replaced. The second went to L NJ for minor adjustment and since then the shutter sounds harsh.  It has a 'cling' echo, slight reverberation tiny buffer things seem missing...  Others have clangs?
as opposed to a chuchuck.

Replies: Reply from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Slim-Fast for R8's?)