Subject: Re: [Leica] Advertures with the R8
From: ls@influxpoint.com
Date: 31 May 2000 00:41:03 -0700

"Richard W. Hemingway" wrote, in part:

> Why did I sell the M go back to R again.  I focus better with the M and
> exposure is better with the R.  However, after looking at a lot of my
> pictures I came to the conclusion I just take better pictures with the R..
> I seem to see better with the R than with the M - strange.

As longs as it's an R! No N stuff!
The 19... You do get lost in the view but... one can juggle the transparency of the RF with the thrill of the 19 view. And indeed that slide (almost forgot!)looks like it did - precisely. Not because of experience and predictability of the lens but because of what I saw in real-time*. It's not a comment on the situation but a 19 view of it! *And the photo is essentially also that view, however irrelevant. The 100APO - is also... BIG! Keeps me($)from that 90APOASPHS! Barely.

But the M6 and 50 summicron?  Why do I not seem able to take that 50 off? And both off of me?  This is just unsurpassed. It's actually hard to use anything else at all. Results?  What does it matter?  The 50 is more of an extension that a tool. I'll get another body and  just glue that 50 summicron on there.

Also - the R8/R7 thing is not right. I just feel stupid with that thing on me, however good it is, and it is.
- -levi