Subject: Re: [Leica] mustard of note
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 19:11:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/20/00 1:48:10 PM, mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com writes:

<< As we have French people here I'd like to know something.
I read the French had never heard of Dijon mustard.
Could that be true? An American invention it said.
I know Dijon exists but do they make mustard of note there? >>

I heard that dijon mustard was at the center of a recent trade dispute
between the U.S. and France -- apparently one of the ways the U.S. was going
to punish France over some perceived trade infraction was to tax the living
daylights out of Dijon. The story I heard said that restaurant owners were up
in arms because they needed the stuff for certain recipes . . .

Bob (the things we remember . . .) McEowen