Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica MC Meters
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 16:01:32 -0400

On the left  top end of the MC is a little knob with and arrow. In bright
light, turn the knob to point at the black dot, in dim light use the red
dot.

Point the camera and meter at the object you wish to meter. Set the shutter
speed at your desire setting. The needle in the meter will indicate the
aperture you should use. Read the black numbers when set to the black dot
and the red ones when set to the red dot. OR--choose the aperture you wish
to use and turn the shutter speed dial until that aperture lines up with
the needle.

If you use the diffuser the procedure is the same except you hold the
camera at the subject position and point it toward the shooting position. I
don't know what the other plastic piece you mention is.

Enjoy your M3/MC!

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>