Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning & editing in Linux
From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@wanadoo.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 14:14:05 +0200

Hello,

Linux runs very good on my PC. Especially internet is much faster than
on W95. But as far as I know you can only use SCSI scanners with a
supported SCSI card. Twain scanners are not usuable under Linux unless
you use a windows emulator. I'm quite used to configure an OS but did
not manage yet to get my twain scanner emulated under Linux. I'm still
scanning under W95 and do the rest with Gimp under Linux. Nice thing
with Linux is that it is really multitasking and totally free.

Best regards,

			Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] Scanning & editing in Linux)