Subject: [Leica] Summarit hood
From: "Robert Beaudoin" <bussbearm@freewwweb.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 21:06:58 -0400

Bonsoir,

  This is for Henrik who is looking for an alternative for the very
expensive Summarit hood.

  Before I changed to the Summilux I did find myself in the same situation.
One of the alternative is to look for a used Leicina (Leica s super 8
camera) lens hood.  It fits the Summarit perfectly, you just add a very
minuscule piece of scotch tape on the lens mount and voila.  I seem to
remember getting one of those used shades for $4 or the like.  I did use it
for a couple of years.  Next time you are in a camera show just check
around.  But don t tell any dealers or they ll start to charge more...

  Regards,

  Robert (Un chevalier sans blason)