Subject: [Leica] [Wayy OT] GV 56k x2 Mac help
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 13:07:38 +1200

Hi,

My apologies for the very off-topic posting, but the level of help
i'm getting from outside sources is nil, and the frustration and
despair levels have risen, and then, when was the last time you had a
problem that couldn't be solved by a Lugger?

My 56k x2 Macintosh Global Village modem arrived yesterday, and i'm
having some major problems with it. I don't have the original
diskettes/CD installers for it, but until now I was using a Global
Village 33k modem and thought my Globalfax software would recognise
the new modem.

Boy, was i wrong. After a very fruitless day my computer still won't
recognise there is ANY modem attached to it. Result: A whole day
wasted that could have been filled using a camera from our favourite
marque.
I've consulted all of the Global Village documentation and i think
that if the original installers don't work, the modem is effectively
DOA.
Does anyone have the original installers for their Global Village 56k
x2 Macintosh modem? Or can anyone help me off-list with suggestions?

Yours in compu-FUD,
Gary

- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University