Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 metering question
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 10:28:17 -0700

>Guy
>
>I agree that there is some latitude left to alter the stop or shutter speed.
>My point (albeit badly made) was that if I don't know if the baseline
>measurement is accurate, I cannot know what changes to make to get a preferred
>exposure for the wall.
>
>I have decided however to stop pointing my new M6 at white walls until I
>understand him a bit better.
>
>Simon

simon,

what does baseline measure have to do with proper exposure (this is not a
rhetorical question)? doesn't that have to do with correct focus and depth
of field?

whatever the case may be, to make sure the white wall (or whatever other
subject has caught your fancy) comes out the shade of white you're after,
you can always bracket!

then you'll have several shades of pale ( ! ) to choose from.

procul-haremly yours,

guy