Subject: Re: [Leica] No strap!!??
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 09:54:08 +0100

Michael Darnton wrote:

>      Like a lot of stragegies, this one seems to have less than universal
> application. I guess it works fine if you only actively use one camera at a
> time, never change lenses, and rarely change film on the fly, but for a
> working photographer in a fast and changing situation I can't see it.
>      I just spent a week's vacation using only a Fed 1 with its own 50/3.5
> and a 15mm Heliar, and am about to hammer some screweyes or something into
> it on my own! I spent half the time taking pix and the other half trying to
> figure out how I'd hang a strap on it when I got home. :-) Being able to
> slide it into my pocket was very slim compensation for the inconvenience (in
> MY opinion, which obviously is not universal :-)
>      Re: the velcro problem: Maybe the guy with the new M-6 needs to put a
> 2x6" patch of velcro on the back of his camera, and nail the mating strip to
> his bare chest--would that work? I still think the strap is a better idea,
> though.
>      --Michael Darnton

Try using the tri-pod bushing if it has one. I know there are wrist straps
available to use in the tri-pod bushing, and I imagine it would be simple to
use the same hardware on a longer strap. It may hang funny but what the heck.
John Shick

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] No strap!!??)