Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.
From: John Coan <jcoan@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 05:48:23 -0400

Without using neck strap or rangefinder, sounds like you guys would like a Rollei
35S.  The lens is a stop slower than the equivalent Leica 35, and it's a 40...
but it's a Zeiss Sonnar and pretty darn good.  The package is about half the size
of an M6.  I haven't used Leica M (yet, but plan to soon.)... I wonder how much
better, say, a Leica summicron-m 35/2 is over the Rollei HFT Sonnar 40/2.8 at
equivalent apertures?  I have had experience with the Rolleis since 1976 and like
them a lot.  The shutter on the Rollei is a quieter leaf shutter as well.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.)
Reply from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.)
Message from Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net> ([Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: just put the strap on and get going.)