Subject: Re: [Leica] rolleiflex ?
From: John Coan <jcoan@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 05:57:28 -0400

Make sure you feed the film under the first roller (depending on what model you
have).  On "automats"  like E and F models, and first roller is very sensitive
and senses where the film gets thicker and starts the counter mechanism.  If you
don't do this, the whole roll will wind to the takeup spool without stopping.
(On rollei's, little things mean a lot.)  However, if you have any of the more
modern ones the resulting negatives or chromes (try Provia F) will astound you
when you first get them back, and you will probably end up liking medium format
and eventually spend a lot of money on a modern SLR Rollei, Hassy, or Contax.
It struck me five years ago, and now I have a Contax 645.  And if you think
Leica stuff is expensive, just wait....