Subject: [Leica] F S : Ohaus Triple Beam Lab Scale
From: GERALD HAUSSLER <GHAUSSLE@email.usps.gov>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 18:37:25 -0500

     rich;

     a friend of mine rebuilds vintage porsche engines for a living.
     one of the things he does that seperates his work from some of
     his colleagues is his insistence on getting the weight of the
     rods and pistons within .5 grams of each other.
     he has been informed that the Ohaus Triple Beam he uses to
     perform this operation has been categorized as "contraband".
     (i do not now the source of his information)
     seems that certain individuals use these are their tool of
     choice for mixing (and weighing) _really_ exotic formulas,
     if you get my drift.
     of course, i only use mine to check the difference in weight
     between the 3 x 5 prints & 4 x 6 prints i took of the neighbors
     kids in the wading pool, so i should be o.k. ;-)

     (L- content)
     was in chicago last week & took the new 24MM elmarit out for
     a spin. caught eddie "the chief" clearwater @ 'blue
     chicago' & dave myers @ the chicago cultural center, both
     "wide open" settings. can't wait to see the film.

     best
     jerry haussler

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] F S : Ohaus Triple Beam Lab Scale)