Subject: Re: [Leica] VULCANITE MAINTENANCE
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 15:25:51 -0700

No- the heat- actually very warm- never too hot to hold- merely made the
material flexible. Sort of like heating treacle- to the point it bends
without breaking, but not to where it 'melts'.
If the chuck missing is fairly substantial, and you are wanting to make the
camera usable, and decent looking- the a new cover might be the way to go.
Personally- If the cover on the IIIa gets damaged or breaks again I will no
doubt find one of those die-cut covers, and totally replace the vulcanite. I
might even cover it with rattlesnake skin, and get the Japanese guy to paint
it dark maroon!
Dan ( Wild Child) Post
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/